Friday, September 28, 2007

First Sips

Well here we go. I've been needing to do this for a while, and thus it begins.

My intention in blogging about bier is primarily to share my passion for great bier. There may be a few other themes that wedge their way into this space from time to time, however; as with most things in life, I find it of great importance to keep the main thing the main thing.

I plan to talk about biers I've had recently, the breweries that produce them and the bars (or stores) at which I came across them. I'll give some color to the experience when necessary and let you know what I thought. Don't agree with my opinion? I won't be surprised, that's why it's my opinion. Go out and find your own if need be.

I will warn you in advance that I claim no superiority: I don't fancy myself an "expert" on bier, and feel quite frankly that what I do know is mightily limited by the amount of time I've paid attention to what it is I'm consuming. I'm still young and although this limits my experience, I think it gives me an element of objectivity over the old bier hippies who have already decided which 1% of all biers deserve their approval. I'm still fresh on the scene, and if you find yourself keeping up with these writings I bet you are too.

Hopefully this blog will also not become too much of an excuse to go out more than the 1-3 days per week that I currently do. I don't think my salary or liver can afford it! Besides, overconsumption is for the under-appreciative.

I'm not sure if any of us will come away from this blog with more wisdom, but if we do I'd consider it successful. Don't feel obligated to read this blog, particularly if you're one of the people to which I often rant. I'm putting digital stylus to papyrus here so that maybe we can talk about a different slice of life every once in a while. I'll still love talking bier, but perhaps the moderation that has so long evaded me will return.

Please forgive any inaccuracies you come across, and feel free to write me corrections. Prost!